Here are some of the free resources of Macular Degeneration Partnership:
Visit our YouTube channel to watch our doctors and staff provide short ‘bites’ of information related to medical treatments and advancements in research.
AMD Support Group
Gavin Herbert Eye Institute will be offering a monthly support group for individuals affected by low vision in Orange County, CA beginning in January of 2020. The meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of every month on the 3rd floor of GHEI from1-2pm. To find a support group in your community, check with hospitals, eye clinics or senior centers.
Visit our Facebook page to find information and links to stories about life with AMD.
Other On-line Resources
There are a number of on-line sources for additional information related to AMD. Here are a few that we recommend:
- All About Vision - allaboutvision.com
- American Academy of Ophthalmology - aao.org/eye-health
- American Foundation for the Blind - visionaware.org
- American Macular Degeneration Foundation - macular.org
- BrightFocus Foundation - brightfocus.org
- Macular Degeneration Foundation - eyesight.org
- Macular Degeneration News - webrn-maculardegeneration.com
- Macular Degeneration Support / Intl. Low Vision Support - mdsupport.org
- National Eye Institute - nei.nih.gov
- Prevent Blindness - preventblindness.org
- Foundation Fighting Blindness - blindness.org