Here are some of the free resources of Macular Degeneration Partnership:
MDP will mail you a magnetic Amsler Grid for you to put on your refrigerator. It will remind you to check your vision daily and to contact your eye doctor if you notice changes. (Sorry, we cannot mail to addresses outside the U.S.)
Sign up to receive our newsletter, sent to your email address. AMD Update offers news on research on treatments for AMD, as well as tips for daily living
Visit our YouTube channel to watch our doctors and staff provide short ‘bites’ of information related to medical treatments and advancements in research.
AMD Warm Line
Perhaps you heard something about AMD and wonder if it is true.
Call our ‘warm line’ to speak with a caring professional
Monday – Friday
9am to 3pm at 888-430-9898
We cannot offer individualized medical advice.
Email your question and we’ll try to find the answer. While we can’t respond to questions about your individual medical care, we might be able to direct you to a resource that addresses your topic.
AMD Support Group
Gavin Herbert Eye Institute offers a monthly support group for individuals in Orange County, CA affected by AMD. To find a support group in your community, check with hospitals, eye clinics or senior centers.
Visit our Facebook page to find information and links to stories about life with AMD.
Other On-line Resources
There are a number of on-line sources for additional information related to AMD. Here are a few that we recommend:
- All About Vision - allaboutvision.com
- American Academy of Ophthalmology - aao.org/eye-health
- American Foundation for the Blind - visionaware.org
- American Macular Degeneration Foundation - macular.org
- BrightFocus Foundation - brightfocus.org
- Macular Degeneration Foundation - eyesight.org
- Macular Degeneration News - webrn-maculardegeneration.com
- Macular Degeneration Support / Intl. Low Vision Support - mdsupport.org
- National Eye Institute - nei.nih.gov
- Prevent Blindness - preventblindness.org
- Foundation Fighting Blindness - blindness.org